Monday, June 22, 2015

The Necessity of Jameson Jackson

Dear Deprived Readers --

I would like to say that I don't write often because I am pregnant, ergo so tired I literally fall asleep while accomplishing tasks that require me to stand. But really, I am just a little lazy.

 That said, I have to take a moment and make a list of why Fathers, and specifically, Jameson Jackson is so necessary in my home. Jameson is part of the youth program in our church which is associated with Scouting. He recently went to a high adventure camp for about a week.  I want to point out that my house was infinitely more clean because of this (proving that having a husband is like having a teenage boy), however --

It. Was. Horrible.

Here is why:

1. It turns out that Jameson is an instigator of fun in our household. I've always thought I was a fun and adventurous kind of gal. Turns out I just married a fun and adventurous man. Consequently, Packer was bored out of his mind after Jameson was supposed to be home. Bored 3 year olds at 6 pm is not fun.

See? Fun
2. We got sick.  This was the same day Jameson got to go play on some Razors in the desert. I wanted to punch him in the face.

3. It also turns out that Jameson pushes and encourages Packer to do really anything. I never thought I coddled our son in any way, in fact feeling that I needed to be a bit more of a 'Panda Mom'. I was wrong.

4. I am pregnant, so everything is infinitely more difficult.

See the crazed look in my eyes? Yeah, that is terrible. And this was taken a few months ago.
5. As much as I love a bed to myself, I couldn't sleep. This was not due to a missing husband alone, but it did contribute to the problem (the first night I convinced myself demons, murderous theives, or possibly satan himself were going to descend on our household -- evidently Jameson is the only thing standing between these horrors and our little family on a nightly basis).

The truth is that as much as I missed him personally, I missed his help even more. There was a void in our family. He came home late on Saturday. Sunday, we got up and got ready to go to church. During the service, Packer was acting up a bit, so I handed him over to Jameson. His son curled up and fell peacefully and sweetly asleep in his father's arms. Jameson then also fell asleep. It was a poignant moment for me. It also freed me up to listen to the service.

Best video for Fathers Day: Heavenly Father, Earthly Father

No comments:

Post a Comment