Monday, December 6, 2010

Festival of Trees



This last Saturday, Jameson and I got some tickets to go and see the Festival of Trees at the Southtowne Expo Center. For those of you who are unaware, the festival of trees is a fund raising event in which hundreds of trees are decorated in different ways, then put up for auction to benefit the American Cancer Society. It was so fun to see all the different decorations and it definitely put me in the spirit of the season. Here are a few of my favorites:

Cinderella -- even the glass slippers -- pretty cool! Also this reminds me of the house in Lander that always has blue lights up at Christmas

They had some that were Night Before Christmas, but this was my favorite Halloween-themed Christmas Tree

This is Jameson next to a tree heralding his alma matter: Utah Valley University

Anne of Green Gables -- you will forever remind me of Cami

Winter Wonderland -- so Pretty!

This is so incredibly cute -- especially the title. It makes me think of the children's book Owl Moon. And my Dad.

This reminds me of my brother Rob. I'm not sure why.

Turns out, money really does grow on trees . . .

Needless to say, Jamie and I had a blast looking at these. Of course, we also didn't make it through all the trees. They kind of began to run together. Oh another princess tree, oh another classic christmas tree . . . . you get the idea. We went down every aisle, but we didn't really see every tree. Anyway, it was amazing to see how much everyone was willing to give for Christmas! It was inspiring and oh so very much fun!

Good Books to Read: Owl Moon by Jane Yolen (also a great fantasy writer)

No comments:

Post a Comment