Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving was loads of fun this year. Jameson and I went for walk early in morning around Murray Park. It was good to go out and think about all the things that we are grateful for. We make wild plans for the future, and pretty much solved the world's problems. I think the thing that we are most grateful for right now is our health. I know that sounds silly, but most of the top things on our minds that we were grateful for boiled down to that. So we definitely have to give thanks for that.

Jameson walking in front of me (we had some snow the night before)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood . . .

Then we went to Thanksgiving dinner at Jameson's Aunt ReNae's house. It was great to see ALL of Jameson's family. We also had our friends Jeff and Kelly come up from Provo, since they were far away from their families in California. Kelly is pretty sick right now having just had her gall bladder out. Everyone was great, and it is always nice to spend time with family.

Jameson playing 'My Debbie' with Cloie

Kelly and Jeff Hume -- I promise that Jeff doesn't have any disabilities that I know of

This is Debbie and all her siblings, Len, Deirdre, Ian, Mum, Dad, and Debbie

Then in Jackson family tradition, we went bowling, and it was oh so fun. I even bowled a few strikes (more luck than any kind of skill). I haven't been bowling in almost a year . . . so I didn't have the best showing. I didn't even break 100. My best score was 90-ish. Yeah . . .

Jameson -- always so happy and good at bowling . . . let's face it, there is little that Jameson DOESN'T excel at.

Game face. I am out to win.

Anyway, now I can give all of myself to Christmas. Yay!! If anyone has any Christmas movies that they absolutely love, please let me know as I would love to watch some christmas movies this year to get me in the mood. For Christmas.

Still reading Alligator Bayou by donna jo napoli, but I also read Zombie Haiku by Roger Mecum and it was one of the funniest zombie things that I have read. Jameson and I are also hip deep in The Walking Dead (both the graphic novel series and the TV series). In case any of you don't know, I have developed an irrational fear of zombies. If something bad DOES happen in 2012, it will have to do with a zombie virus outbreak.

2 comments:

  1. Hey not ALL of Jameson's family was there...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great holiday! we miss you guys but are excited for what you have in your near future....enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete