Monday, February 11, 2013

We Have Kept Packer Alive for 7 Months!


I know -- it's a miracle. With how flaky I am and Jameson's frankly blatant disregard of detail, it seems that we would at the very least forget our child at a gas station. Well, we proved you all wrong, and Packer is a happy, well adjusted 7 month old wonder to behold!

Currently, his favorite past times include putting anything but food in his mouth and gumming it. If there isn't a toy nearby, he will sit and clap his hands together (I tried capturing this adorable activity on video, but Packer isn't really into performing). He also loves to get two small toys in his hands and clank them together, but sometimes he misses, and hits his hands instead. He is capable of babbling, but he hasn't really done that since I had laryngitis, and he couldn't have a babbling conversation with me. He is back to some rather loud high pitched screams to get his point across. It is remarkably effective. Especially with his Dad.

As far as our lives are concerned, we have finally eradicated the nasty viruses that have been lurking in every corner of our home. I went to our niece Cloie's birthday party on Saturday (I made this delicious soup -- seriously, the easiest thing to make EVER) and it was our first outing in almost two weeks. Oh the glory of the wind on my face! Jameson has applied to work as an assistant branch manager in Tooele. So if that happens, we might start looking at homes in the Grantsville area starting in about a year. I think he has some pretty good chances of getting the position. He is a little apprehensive about working in such a small town, as there just aren't as many businesses for loans, accounts, and such. Our Relief Society Presidency was changed, but I am still in it. I am really excited to work with all the new ladies, as always, church is a bit of an adventure for me.

Here are the latest photos from our life:

Packer playing the drums with Jameson, poor kid doesn't stand a chance with another instrument.

There was a nice day last week, and I went outside with Packer Man. He was killing it, eating grass and whatnot.

Good Series to Watch: Death Valley -- Reno 911 meets crazy killer vampires, werewolves and zombies. A little dirty, so be forewarned.

Good Book to Read: Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling -- I am trying to get through this. It feels very much like a Harlan Coban novel, and it isn't really gripping me, but I will prevail!!

5 comments:

  1. Katie, If you move, please move to Tooele! I have a neighbor who needs her house sold and it's so pretty (and in the neighborhood I wish I lived in). Then we can be in the same ward. Either way, I hope you move close by becasue I miss your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty excited too! But first, let's get him that position . . .

      Delete
    2. Seriously, I wish you the best of luck! let me know if it works out, or if I know anyone that I can nudge in his direction. What bank was it?

      Delete
    3. Zions Bank -- Both of us worked there for the last few years, at least until I became a full time Mommy.

      Delete
  2. Really, Casual Vacancy...ugh! I could barely get through the 1st chapter. Did I give that to you? Oh, I loved reading about everything else! Look at that sweet boy playing the drums... Packer too. :>

    ReplyDelete