Sunday, May 4, 2014

Throwing Rocks in Water


Everyone has a happy place, and for most, it changes often depending on what we most want in a moment. However, I have found a new spot that is full of serenity. Not quite of the Hawaiian sunset viewed from a hammock strength, but it as close as I am ever likely to get at this stage of life.


So we go to Wheeler Farm like all the time. Seriously, at least once a week. It is free, there are farm animals and a park. Kind of a no-brainer since we live maybe 5 minutes away. They have this whole area behind the farm that is just  . . . cultivated wilderness? I don't know. It doesn't seem like the untouched wild to me, but I'm a little spoiled in that respect (Wyoming). Anyway, there is a dirt trail that people jog on. And trees. And a river/creek/brook.


We found the sweetest spot just this side of the little river/creek that runs through the farm where it slows down a feels a little bit safer to let a 2 year old near. Packer throws rocks in the water, and I sit and just enjoy the sound of a brook running by while I let all the sludge of days slide off my soul. It is a semi secluded area.


Please don't come and find me :)


Good Book to Read: The High Kind by Lloyd Alexander -- this is the final in the series and pretty fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment