Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dandelions and Triathlons

Today I have officially been training for a sprint triathlon for a week. Jameson has been super supportive and it makes me really really happy because this is also my weight loss plan. And it is much needed!

I was also discussing weight loss with a friend today and she gave me this great recipe for oatmeal pancakes. I guess that she also eats a lot of Greek yogurt which is better than mayo. I don't know, I'm a little skeptical. Right now I think I will just stick to the regular workout and focus on eating healthy. I've been thinking a lot about the Word of Wisdom lately and the Lord's Law of Health. I think that there is some weight to the idea (no pun intended) that we need to be healthy and exercise. We are to be held responsible for how we treat our bodies. I have definitely been abusing mine the last year or so. I have been exercising sporadically and it definitely shows.

Of course, I would like to take the opportunity to state here that we all live the Word of Wisdom on differing levels, just like any other commandment. Exercise and eating healthy can be very hard for me. However, I really don't have a hard time with not drinking alcohol or not doing drugs. However, there are others who find my challenges easy, and alcohol and drugs tough. Anyway, this is my little way of declaring my resolution to be better.

I haven't been reading books lately having been horribly distracted by the beautiful spring that has sprung. I think that next week might necessitate some pictures of the beauty I see all around me.

Good Series to Watch: Arrested Development -- I have been a fan for years, but the movie is coming out recently and I have renewed my love affair in order to 'freshen up' for the coming comedy storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment