Monday, April 11, 2011

McKell is Born and We Play D&D

As may have been posted all over the internet in facebook, twitter, email, and other means of electronic messaging, McKell Joan Jackson was born today. Thus making her the first grandchild and first niece on Jameson's side. So we dropped by the hospital on Thursday morning and took a few photos for memories sake. She is pretty darn cute. So here you go:


Here is Jameson and Debbie fawning over the baby. I would like the say that Jameson was a natural at the baby holding thing and he loved it. The truth is that this picture gives him way more credit than he deserves.


Beth might kill me for this picture, but I am fairly sure that she doesn't read my blog. So I feel much less guilty. Here is Beth and Parker both looking very tired as the baby was born super early and everyone was trotting in throughout the day and night to check out McKell.


For the first little bit, Cloie wouldn't have anything to do with her little sister. Here is a photo of the first time we got her to hold her little sister. It's pretty sweet. I understand that she doesn't have the not touching her sister problem anymore.


And here I am. Just so we are all aware, holding nieces and nephews is all the baby photos or talk that anyone is seeing from us in a long time. Am I clear? (This means we are happy when other people are pregnant, but don't plan on seeing a suspicious bulge in my tummy for the next while)

So I am sure that many of my faithful readers are hoping that I also have pictures of this next bit. I want to point out right now that I don't and for good reason. We came to be involved in a game of Dungeons and Dragons through a twisted chance of fate involving Reverend Robbi Richardson and my insatiable love of fantasy novels. Inevitably, we were coerced into this ultimate of all nerdy endeavors. And it was a BLAST!! It was a little long, but loads of fun. I can see why it is so addicting. Not that I want to play every day, but it was fun. My character is a super awesome Gnome names Gillian Wolfsbane. She has a Wolf named Nightrider. He was pretty tough. Anyway, it was a fun little way to cross a life experience off the list. Next? Sky Diving!!

Good Movie to Watch: Tangled -- I love it. Especially . . . all of it.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the wee baby! Are you sure you don't want one? You guys look quite comfortable with a baby all bundled up...just saying..... Jk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really are a dork, more so than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Impossible Chris, you are the biggest dork in the universe.
    2. Babies are a few years off yet, Alycia. Of course, I am sure that you are pretty comfortable with a baby too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never played d&d, can't be the biggest (figuratively speaking of course).

    ReplyDelete