Monday, June 21, 2010

The Stye -- No, Not Our Room

That is beside the point. The important thing here is what thrilling thing happened this week: not much. I worked all weekend. Good for fundage, not fun for me to work 13 hours one day and teach nursery the next day at church. Especially when we have biters. Darn cute little biters.

Work was pretty cool just because I got to be part of a proposal. Not at Zions Bank, but at Nickelmania. I saw Billy Winter (who is recently engaged) at Nickelmania the other day when I was working (not my finest hour, I might add). Anyway, she called me at work and asked if I could help her friend with a proposal. I guess that they had their first date at Nickelmania, and wanted my help so that they could 'trade in their tickets for the ring'. He had this really cute teddybear (that would be worth like 1300 tickets) and he tied the ring to the bear, then asked what we had up on the wall for 83 tickets. I gave him the teddy bear and he proposed. I got all giddy and excited. I am such a girl. It wasn't the best of proposals, but who am I to complain?

I almost forgot: The stye. The stye in the eye. Jameson woke up looking like I had done some serious beating in my sleep. We waited for it to calm down, thinking it was a spider bite (I found an angry looking red spider the night before and in my fear perhaps threw it across the room instead of smashing it dead) or perhaps allergies. Turns out it was a stye. A stye is when a tear duct gets clogged (not unlike a nasty zit -- only you can't pop it) this clogged duct gets immediately infected and becomes swollen. After LOTS of antibiotics, he just looks like he's been smoking lots o the mary jane. But he hasn't been, Dad.




Fun book that I bought Jameson: Utah Curiosities -- I figure we don't have much money to go anywhere, so expect lots of photos from Utah's largest ball of cheese.

1 comment: