Sunday, June 13, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole, To the Right

Okay, so much has happened in the last few weeks, and I am learning that I simply can't blog about all of it. So instead, I will just write a few words about the Family Reunion that we went to, since it is mostly only family that reads this blog. In fact, I think that it may be only my mom. So she will most want to hear about the family reunion.

Jameson pretty much dominated in every sport that was played, earning him a man-crush from almost every one of my cousins. It helps that he loves to shoot, hike, play drums, and soccer. For me, it was mostly fun to see everyone that I don't get to see every day. It was so good to see all of my cousins and their kids. They are all growing up so fast. It turns out that my cousin Troy is in the same program that Jameson is in at the same school. I am sure that they will see each other much more often in the halls now. They might even say hello to one another. My other cousins all seem to be in a good place, or at least on their way there. It is such a treat to see family. There is something about returning to one's roots that is strengthening and uplifting. I know that there are many wise words describing this very thing, but I was listening to a country music song (yes, a country music song) that discussed this, and the 'house that built me'. "I thought if I could touch this place or feel it, This emptiness inside me might start healin', Out here it's like I'm someone else, I thought that maybe I could find myself, If I could just come in, I swear I'll leave, Won't take nothin but a memory from the house that built me . . . "

Just something that has been on my mind lately.

Good Books to read: The Percy Jackson Series -- I finally broke down and bought the last book. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment