Monday, April 8, 2013

Dog Gone Adventures

There were a few adventures that have happened in the last few weeks that both startled and charmed me.



This little lab/boxer mix puppy narrowly missed becoming our first household pet known by either Back Up (after the dog on Veronica Mars) or Kaiser. Depending on if Jameson or I were to name him. Ten points if you can guess who belonged to which name.

I was out on a walk with Pack Man when Back Up ran up to me and followed me all the way home. It was rather sweet and charming. I called some friends to figure out what to do when you find a dog on a walk and he follows you home. Turns out you call animal control and they keep him for five days and if no one claims him, he is yours. I called Jameson and he was so excited. He rather suddenly really wanted a dog. Unfortunately, the owners claimed him before animal control could even pick him up. However, I am glad that he had a home where they loved him a lot.

Here are some things I learned from this experience:

1. Puppies are really hard to control. Meaning: he play attacked Packer the whole time, so I was holding Packer almost the whole 2 hours he was here. Not Fun.

2. Packer LOVES dogs. For a small amount of time, Packer was in his jumper, and the dog just licked his face. Packer would giggle and laugh and reach for the dog, who would promptly run away.

3. Jameson really wants a dog. After this experience, I got multiple emails detailing the sort of dog we should get. I said not until we are done having kids.

The second doggie adventure occurred on April Fools Day. Packer and I were on a walk and we ran into a man with a sheep dog. This is Jameson's favorite type of dog. I asked if I could take a picture, and the flattered man kindly agreed. I then text Jameson and said that there was a man I met on my walk that wanted to get rid of his sheep dog because he was moving -- were we interested? Jameson immediately started asking me questions, and as soon as he was on lunch called me. Feeling it would be cruel to let it go on much longer (he was just so excited!) I clued him in to the joke. I have done my duty (haha -- duty) to the April Fools Gods for until next year.





For family living far away -- here are a few current photos of Packer Man:

This is with his good friend, Mattie. Long story short, we had to shove them both in the stroller. Packer was NOT a fan.

Here he is with his friend Portland from church. They were twiners and we tried to get a picture - Portland tried to cooperate, but Packer was not going for it.

Our feet



Book I read: Seriously . . . I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres. Not that good. It's like she just mind puked onto a page and got it published. Quick read though. Definitely NOT in the same caliber as Tina Fey's bio.

Series we are Addicted to: Grimm -- it isn't on Netflix yet which usually means I won't watch it. But they had the first season at the library. Score!! Totally my kind of show.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Grimm too, but the second season got a little too gory for me. Hubs and I have also agreed no dogs until all the kidos are here. Maybe not even then. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics:) We had a lab once and they're so loving. Now we have a baby and he's pretty loving too:)

    ReplyDelete