Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Family Reunion


I just want to note that there were many events that happened in the last few weeks. I will be chronicling them in order over the next few posts.

First of all, we attended a family reunion on my mothers side located near Kanab Utah at a family ranch. It was in southern Utah over the fourth of July. Needless to say, Jameson was sorely disappointed that we were blowing things up in honor of our country in Wyoming as per usual. Southern Utah was far too dry for fireworks, but we did spend some time with family that I really only get to see at reunions, so it was time well spent. And it wasn't even that hot -- it even rained!! We went down early on the morning of the 4th and then left late on the evening of the 5th.

As we were driving the short dirt road to the ranch, we pulled Packer from his car seat so he could get behind the driver's wheel. It may have simply been the means to help him to stop crying for pity's sake!

Packer with his Great Grandfather Warren Foote. For those that don't know, he is a particularly  interesting,  kind and generous man.

We slept at a cabin that my parents were kind enough to share with us. Packer really struggled through the night until I let him into bed with us. He and Dad slept well. JUST he and Dad.

This was a large reunion including my mother's uncles and cousins. The night of the 4th we had a big program that my Aunt Roxy did a great job with! This is a picture of my Dad, cousin Shane and Jameson and Packer.

Here is my cute mama with Packer Man.

My mom and her sisters also put on a program about my Grandmother and her family, the Haycocks. It was very enlightening. My great grandmother was on an all woman city council in Kanab. It was very empowering!

Everyone was really interested in what was going on . . . 
A few other notes are that I became the historian for the Fall Canyon Ranch -- which really just means what the history and such is for the Ranch that we have now, which was only built a few years ago, although the land and some other ranch houses have been in the family for generations. Overall, it was great to spend some time with family and friends.

Good Book to Read: Girl With the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson -- To be honest, it is a little bit heavy for me, especially since I want something light so that I can get back into the swing of things with reading my 52 books for the year . . . but I got to admit, I am thinking and I am not too far into it!

Good Series to Watch: New Girl -- now I am a huge Zooey Deschanel fan, so this was a no brainer for me. But I love how happy she is just to be wierd and awkward and herself. At least her character Jess is.

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the boy sleeping! Looks like you had fun (minus the not sleeping so well) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Katie ranch pictures should not be shared with the general public! I love the one of packer driving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete