Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Natural History Museum

My good friend, Dana Hicks and her daughter, Reagan, invited us to the free day at the Natural History Museum. It was a day filled with learning for all of us.

This is where kids can dig up 'dinosaur bones' It wasn't even real sand, but tiny pieces of plastic. Yeah, that's great Natural History Museum. I would much rather he eat tiny pieces of plastic than dirt.

He enjoyed pushing his stroller everywhere.

His very own dire wolf . . .

This was by far the most popular for Reagan and Packer. They could probably have splashed for hours here.

My sweet little monkey in a T-Rex footprint.

Looking through the glass at a dig site.

Up at the top of the museum they have a fantastic overlook of the whole valley. Two thumbs up!!
One of my favorite things about going places with Packer is the time limits. As I have stated to before, I have about a two hour limit on any activity. So an all day trip somewhere is usually VERY taxing on my limited attention span. Therefore, it is nice to have a little body that also has a short time limit. Then we can pick a few things to look at, and be okay to catch the rest on a different day.

Good Book to Read: I may have to slit my wrists for saying this, but Friends Forever by Danielle Steele. Seriously?!? Yeah, I decided if everyone loves her, there must be something to her work. It was in no way realistic and definitely had a heavy dose of rich people's problems, but it was an entertaining read, and it broke my slump.

1 comment:

  1. Slump breaking is significant, even if it was terrible. You guys are so cute, fun pictures :)

    ReplyDelete