Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Park Cafe

Jameson had the day off yesterday to do our taxes. We had a gift certificate from our good friend, Mike Oyler to Park Cafe, this great breakfast/lunch place in downtown Salt Lake. We had tried going on a weekend and it was a disaster. Packer was a wreck, and there was a line out the door. So we thought this would be the perfect time to go.

We were right.

Mike raved to us about the food, but I honestly felt that I could make something that was just as good. What I really appreciated was the service. There didn't seem to be waiters assigned to a particular table (the atmosphere was very edgy/hipster-ish), but there were about a thousand waiters milling around so grabbing one wasn't too much of a task. Mostly, they were great with Packer, which was a very pleasant surprise. Due to the atmosphere, I expected to see rolled eyes and judgmental looks at my family. I have never been more wrong! The waiters immediately got a high chair for him, and brought him some animal crackers to munch on while we waited for our food. Every time a server passed us, he or she would smile and play a quick game with him. Consequently, he behaved really well in a rather busy place that would normally have him screaming to get down and run in about a thousand different directions.

I don't know if it would be great for multiple children, but it was such a fun family date for us!

*I know this looks like a post for park cafe, but it isn't. They have no clue who I am, and I doubt they really care.

Great Place to Eat: Park Cafe

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE places like that now. Any place that doesn't roll there eyes when I walk in, or give the questioning, "Will your baby throw a tantrum when you are here??" has my return business. For sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Isn't it crazy how kids change your eating habits and favorite restaurants?

      Delete