Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweet April Showers Bring Forth May Flowers


This small couplet has been occupying my mind of late. One reason is because it is raining in Utah and it is April (go figure). I think if rain sparkled like Edward Cullen's vampire chest, I might like it more. Another reason is that it is a small reminder of how to face challenges with a positive attitude.

This is a beautiful blooming bush covered in snow. It was magical.

I was going to try to post some pithy little Facebook post about it, and thought I would sound more intelligent if I looked it up on Wikipedia first. That is where I found the version that is the title for this post.

This is our little man at the park. Like a month ago. Notice, no snow.
I like this version because it says 'sweet'. In case you don't know, I overuse the words sweet, lovely, and the phrase 'for pity's sake' in my vocabulary with friends. This is partially because in collage a good friend and I decided to bring back some phrases that only elderly women say. They stuck. Another reason is that I try to focus on the sweet things in my life to avoid the existential terrors of existence.

We went to the preview day at the aquarium that is just opening in our town. I thought this should be a promotional photo for them. Again, no snow.
To get to my real point, I always refer to blessings in my life as good and sweet from a kind Father in Heaven. Whereas trials I face are an evil necessity imposed on me by God. However, trials often cultivate the sweetest, kindest and most spiritual moments in my life. Essentially, the sweet challenges bring forth the flowers of blessings.

Library fun! I totally recommend the library to anyone who wants to improve the life of their child. I go to the Murray City Library. And I love it. Those are frogs on his crown. He is a frog prince. Jameson thought he looked like a girl. He was wrong.

Good Book to Read: I am sucking my 52 book challenge up. I have like 3 make up books to get crackin' on. Any suggestions for quick reads are appreciated.    

No comments:

Post a Comment