Monday, February 16, 2015

Doom and Gloom

I think we had so much fun last week, that the karmic forces of the universe simply had to reverse our good fortune. It has been . . . a week. I will try to list the fun and not-so-fun things that happened to us this week.

1. Our dog, Shay, ate her blanket. Really dog?!? Really?!? Shay ate her blanket on Sunday night, and proceeded to puke copious amounts for the next 2 days. It was nasty. Plus I went online to look up 'why my dog ate her blanket' on google. It led me to multiple horror stories of dogs needing expensive surgery. This drove me into a downward spiral of worry and stress. Jameson said she would just have to die because he wouldn't pay for it. Fortunately, it didn't come to that. It seems she either puked or pooped it all out.

2. Packer tired to pole vault and it didn't go well. He was running along the sidewalk with a large stick and it hit a line in the sidewalk. This launched him into the air, and then he landed on his face. It was traumatic for everyone involved, but no emergency medical trips were needed. Just lots of cuddles.



3. I ran out of my hypo-allergenic lotion, so I tried to use some left over lotion from a previous buy in the bathroom on my legs. Broke out in hives. 

3. After we recovered from all the fun, we went to Wheeler Farm with some friends from church, Dana Hicks and Becca Leavitt and their daughters Reagan and Maddie, respectively. It was a lot of fun, but may have ended up in a battle between myself and Packer in a crowded playground. I am pretty sure some parents were tempted to call the authorities because a crazy lady was dragging a screaming child and reluctant dog to her car.




4. We went to the aquarium again, and it was blessedly uneventful. However, Packer did come out of the play area and told me 'we don't hit babies' per our last visit there. It's good to know we learn from past mistakes.





5. Finally, I got to visit with my Mom, who was here for Rootstech convention with her friend from the library. I got to go with her on Saturday to see some fantastic speakers and to see Elder Anderson (apostle for the LDS church) give his new temple challenge. While I loved Elder Anderson's talk, I really benefited from Al Fox's talk. She just said some things I really needed to hear.(Fun tidbit, my brother was in the branch presidency when she was baptized!)



6. I got a migraine at church and had to come home on Sunday, hence writing on Monday. Also injured my back.

Isn't life grand?

Good Book to read: Any of the Molly Harper series. These are super fun paranormal/humor/romance books. They do get pretty saucy, but are lots of fun and have helped me see the humor in my week. . . I would start with Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment