Monday, June 20, 2011

Cracking Up

Jameson and I went down to Cedar City to visit Alycia and Steven, my sister in law and her husband. And may I just say . . . it was lovely. We got there pretty late on Friday night. Then the plan was to get up early and go for a brisk 3 mile run. Instead we just slept in. I know. It is all that I have ever hoped for. Alycia did have to get up early to get her bountiful basket (I will have to blog about this later, but here is the site for the fruit/veggie co-op).

We eventually got ourselves together and went to Kolob (part of Zions National Park), and went for a 1 mile hike. Then we did some touristy shopping and I ended up with a crock-pot cookbook, an old copy of Sarah, Plain and Tall, and some stuff from Bath and Body Works. We met up with our friends Eric and Chelsea who made quite the ballsy (sorry, I couldn't think of an adequate substitute for that word) move and left for St. George on a whim. They have this great apartment and I was impressed with thier moxy.

We all journeyed to the red rock to do some hiking around. We checked out the crack and I *almost made it all the way through. I was excessively impressed with myself since I suffer from claustrophobia in a mild (kinda crazy big) way. I held the panic at bay and made it all the way. Finally, we hiked up Dixie rock and watched a first time repeller go over the rock. We applauded her when she made it all the way down.

Sunday it rained and I read a book. Might be my favorite thing we did.


That's right. I am AWESOME!




This is Alycia and myself as seen from above in the crack (please, we are all adults here).

In case you haven't seen enough of him, here is my handsome husband himself. We made an attempt to visit a discovery park in the rain. It turns out Jameson looks great in the rain too.

Great Book to Read: I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to everyone. But it talks a lot about food, something I happen to love. The writing isn't exactly riveting, but I really enjoyed reading the book. Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer.

*My boobs were too big to let me through the smallest part. Yet another reason to lose weight.

5 comments:

  1. You will have to let me copy some of the crock pot recipe and It is a good book huh?? Not the best but good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! I will send you an email for the Thai chicken that I made today. It was a good book. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really...boobs and cracks in the same blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! We are excited to see you both.

    ReplyDelete