Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Living Room

So a few weeks ago (and I mean like a month ago), Jameson and I decided to brave a hike that has eluded us twice before. Determined that it would not defeat us thrice, I was armed this time. All it really came down to was having an additional set of directions. Normally I can hang my hat by Falcon Guides, especially just for day hikes. Anyway, the name of the hike is the Living Room. It is so named because there are sandstone rocks that have been placed by well-meaning and creative people to look and feel like chairs. Here are some pictures of us sitting in them:


This here is me. I am sitting on a recliner. I think I am in love with this picture because it shows none of my sweat (which was profuse), or my rolls of fat. Thank you Jameson for making me look good -- as usual.


Speaking of looking good, here is Jameson in the same recliner (they also had a love seat, but all the pictures on the other pieces of furniture were less than desirable. Anyway, as I recall, this was more of a throne than a recliner anyway. That makes it cooler).


I just wanted to include this photo because it makes Salt Lake look like Japan. A feat to be admired. And yes, I did it on purpose. I just thought the trees looked cool in the smog.

As a side note, the hike was nearly impossible to climb. Also, it nearly killed me. Mostly because I was out of shape. I am embarrassed to admit, but I could hardly walk for a week. It was two miles straight uphill. Jameson was fine. It might have been this hike that made me take a long look at the best way for me to train for the triathlon in August. So far, the training is going really really well. I ran 2 miles today! Also, Jameson is giving up soda (2 days so far) and I am giving up treats (unless it is sugar free, then I can have one per day). We are so awesome!

Great Book to read: Matched by Ally Condie -- she was an English teacher in Salt Lake so you gotta respect those English teachers. I just want to say, I would choose Xander. Every time. I am more like the character's Mom. I keep the rules because I love my family. I liked this in some ways more than Hunger Games, and not because it was more lovey-dovey. I think that Katniss's society was obviously evil, and begged for revolution. Cassia's society is not quite so obviously evil. I think that raises more difficult comparisons in our own lives. Do we go gently, or not?


2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure who I'd choose, she was annoying to me. Haha and i added a picture to my post just for you! Didn't realize, how could i have no Katie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't need to add one. Silly girl. But it is always nice to be included :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete