Sunday, November 14, 2010

Disney,Hospitals, Karaoke and oh so much more


So -- as of yet, the big news is that my mother's surgery went very well. She was in town all this last week with my father. Sadly, I think that my father was in a much worse state than my mother --even the day of the surgery. My mother was pretty upbeat and happy while my father was an anxious wreck the whole week.

In order to bring my parents some fun, I brought them some chocolates from Hatch's Family Chocolates (featured on TLC the little chocolatiers), as well as some delicious donuts from Beyond Glaze. These are two of my favorite treat spots in Salt Lake City. The funnest thing that I did to cheer up my folks was to take my Dad and my Husband to see Disney on Ice: Mickey and Minnie's Adventure. It featured Ariel (my absolute favorite-- seriously, I almost cried when she skated on stage), Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan, and the Lion King. I can't believe how much I love Disney stuff. I even bought an overpriced snowcone.


My Daddy and I at the beginning of the Disney on Ice extravaganza


Jameson Drinking some of my over priced light up snow cone


Jameson and I watching the show . . . along with all the other children


Here is the stage during an intermission (I couldn't get any of the dancers because it was dark during the actual performance . . . I know, disappointing)

In other news, I hosted Beth's Bridal shower -- which was loads of fun. Bread and soup and gifts . . . nothing better! I also went and sung some Karaoke at the Karaoke cafe (a coffee shop) til late in the evening last night. I sung True Blue by Madonna, If I Had a Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies, Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, and last, but definitely not least, One More Time by Britney Spears. I think that my performance that really made the greatest impression was Britney Spears as we were the only group left by the time I sang that. And I sang it with my friend Nikki. We were awesome. Epic, one might say.

Great Books to Read: The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love Disney! Glad your mom is doing well! I heard the shower was great, i hope you ate lots and lots of treats :)

    ReplyDelete