Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Grizzlies, More Wedding, and More Flu


So today I realized that I have had the flu this last week. I was wondering why I was having trouble running and why I was so achy and so tired. I blamed my thyroid (as I haven't taken my meds for like 3 months), but today, when I was nauseous, I realized that I probably have the flu. If anyone at Parker and Beth's Wedding, you may be infected.

Friday, after a trying night at work, we went to the Grizzly game (they occasionally have tickets for five a piece, and our friend Shaun has some hookups to get seats right on the ice. Unfortunately, I didn't get there until the last period (there are three). At which point, the Grizzlies lost their 2 point lead and lost in over-time. Then we went to RedRock to eat and they had fried green tomatoes. I was so excited, I ordered them. They were great, unfortunately, while we were at the wedding, Jameson's anxious dog jumped on the table while we were at the wedding and ate them. Including the Styrofoam. So far she seems to be okay.

Now on to the main event: Parker and Beth's wedding this weekend. The wedding began at 4, and we were setting up since noon. Then at about 3:50, we found out that you can't play the wedding march in the church for a wedding. It was then that I was asked to play the piano. So not fun. I am simply not talented enough to comfortably play hymns for everyone at a wedding. After that, things went well. Parker and Beth both seemed happy and excited, and are starting to make some great choices together in their lives!

Here is a picture of the food table (sans food)

Parker and Beth exchanging nuptials (they didn't write their own . . . knowing Parker, I can only say thank goodness!
All the bridesmaids (minus me -- who was at the piano)
Jay and Debbie -- Cloie was away from Debbie for all of five seconds so they could take the picture.
That's right, I got ReNae out from behind the camera. Len wasn't too thrilled.
Nanny and Preston enjoying the festivities

Next week, I will probably have some photos of Thanksgiving and hopefully I will finally be healthy!!

Good Book to Read: Alligator Bayou by Donna Jo Napoli

1 comment:

  1. If i get sick I will hunt you down when you are better and give you something back! :) You played wonderfully at the wedding! It's a good thing we had you there to do it

    ReplyDelete