Sunday, August 12, 2012

Packer Worth Jackson

So many of you know, and if you don't you will now, Jameson and I are the proud parents of our very own little boy named Packer Worth Jackson. He was born on July 9, 2012. He is so sweet and so wonderful and we LOVE every minute that we get with him.

I went into labor early on Monday morning. Little fun fact -- they make you wait an hour while you are in excruciating labor wishing you had an epidural. I thought I was going to die, and Jameson was in about the same place. Then the anesthesiologist was in a c-section, so he couldn't come for another hour. Our nurse was great though and gave me some serious meds! Yay for modern medication.

After the epidural, it was smooth sailing until it started to wear off a little more than I wanted. After I asked for a refresher, the doctor asked how far dilated I was. When I said I was dilated to a six, he said, oh, you will be here until midnight and gave me a lovely shot of numb. Half an hour later, the nurse came in and checked me. She then informed me that I was at a 10 and ready to push. After 18 minutes of pushing, Packer Worth was born at about 6:48 in the evening -- Awesome!

You know what's not awesome? When your baby tears your cervix, and they can't figure out why you keep bleeding. Then they have already turned off your epidural, so you can feel them digging around all up in there trying to find where the tear is. Then I got some serious pain meds that made me slur my words. I could understand what was going on, but was pretty low on communicating my thoughts. I kept trying to ask how my baby was, but couldn't quite get it out (I was also shaking uncontrollably and had a low grade fever).

Anyway, here are some pics of my bug-a-rug in the labor and delivery:


Love this little bug!


Jameson on a super uncomfortable bed that he hung out in for a few nights with his son that he can't wait to take duck hunting. 


Jameson just looks funny in this one. It's pretty awesome.

Also, you don't get any pictures of me. Not for a few more months at least. Just expect lots of Jameson and Packer.

Good Book to Read: MWF seeking BFF by Rachel Bersche -- it's a nonfiction about a woman in her early thirties who is newly married trying to find a best friend in a new city. It has a lot of research on why women need other female friends. Very insightful.

Good Music to Listen To: It's Not Your Fault by Awolnation


1 comment: