Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Love To Blow Things Up


As everyone knows -- we are a family that likes to blow things up. It's a good thing that I am from Wyoming (this may be a cyclical thing). Therefore, this is mostly going to pictures of our trip to Lander where we celebrated the birth of our country by lighting many fireworks. Here comes the parade.

This is my Mom and Dad at a wicked awesome bbq (we went to 3 over the weekend) with my Mom's best friend Carrie and her family. Carrie now lives in Utah, but they were super good friends all during my growing up period. I was sure that I was going to marry her son Kyle when I was five. It was straight up tragedy that struck my life when they moved away when I was six.

This is a super cute photo of me and the hubby at the Bills fireworks. They were really good. I have come to the conclusion that the Bills fireworks beat the fireworks at Taylorsville Days. But the music is way better at Taylorsville Days and we don't have to listen to political filibustering. Talk about a captive audience.

Here is Robby and his girlfriend, Nikki at the parade on the fourth. They are really nice and have really cute dogs named Rhino and Roxy.

This is a really good representation of the Lander Parade. I say no more.

This is our gloating picture of all the fireworks that we put off that night. Jameson sent it to all of his friends. Nanny Nanny Boo Boo, we have WAY more fireworks than you.

Boil, Boil Toil and Trouble . . . homemade root beer is really good.

Me and Jameson on the fourth doing fireworks.

Jameson and Morgan -- one of the Downs clan that was discovering the joy of fireworks in Wyoming.

Rob and Jameson trying to figure out how they can make bottle rockets more dangerous. Good times.

Okay, well, I am pretty well vacationed out. A few more notes:

1. I did not get the job that I applied and interviewed for. They evidently don't appreciate my charming personality . . .

2. Buffy the Vampire slayer is the BEST way to forget about reality if you are having a pity party. Also, I am really glad that we aren't living on the Hellmouth.

Good Book: Persuasion by Jane Austin. I like this book because it is a little bit sad, but very content.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pic of you and your hubby.. We miss you guys at the bbq here. It was really quiet because Jameson was not bugging Cloie. I guess Len Kinda made up for the lose, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your charming personality!!!! Sorry you didn't get the job. You can have kids instead :) just kidding! I'm sure that was a bummer though. I've never seen people ride cows, I always wondered if it were possible, now I know :)

    ReplyDelete