Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lake Powell

I am sure that everyone on this is aware that we were at Lake Powell for about 5 days. Most of those days were spent in a swim suit. Consequently, pictures will be absent. That's right, in case you missed it, I am a vain vain girl.

So I will just list my top ten from the vacation:

1. Reading Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. I won't lie, I was prepared to think this was the dumbest book of all time. I only read it because I told Beth Jackson, my sister in law, that I would. I really enjoyed it. It had romance like Twilight (meaning kinda dumb and over done), but that wasn't what I enjoyed. I most enjoyed the references to God and his reality and how we can bring others to him. It was unabashedly FOR our Father in Heaven. It was fantastic.

2. Cicily and Derek hooked up (I didn't know what was going on until the drive home).

3. I got to hook up with my hubby. :)

4. We took some glorious naps.

5. I started War of the Worlds by HG Wells. Yes, it is boring, but it is the original alien invasion book, so I suppose that it is worth it.

6. Did I mention glorious naps in the shade?

7. 'Noodling' around in the water. It's funny, because we were on noodles, and I said noodling.

8. Listening to Shaun and company in their witty repartee.

9. I hiked through Jay's Crack (Jameson's family's name for a specific hike). I was the biggest scaredy cat, but I made it through with flying colors.

10. I did not go cliff jumping. No one did. The boat broke down.

Overall, it was loads of fun. I am sure I can direct you to Debbie Jackson's facebook page for some real photos.

2 comments:

  1. The whole Jay's crack thing is hysterical! So glad you made it out! Read "Wither" I think you will like it. "Halo" are you telling me you read an LDS book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should specify that my hooked up was different than your hooked up! :)

    ReplyDelete