Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun

We have done many a Halloween thing this year, and I am just about Halloween-ed out. Here is a list of all the awesome fun things that we have done:

1. Carved Pumpkins (more to follow on that)

2. Watched innumerable scary movies

3. Saw the Odyssey Dance Company's Production of Thriller

4. Went to the Haunted House Nightmare on 13th

5. Visited the Haunted Village at This is the Place Monument

6. Ran in the Highway to Hale 5k -- many runners were in costume, but not I.

7. Dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood.

Thriller was so much fun to go to, and also had the best zombie costumes that I have seen in some time. They wandered about before and after the show. We tried to snag a picture, but just didn't have the chops for it. Nightmare on 13th was okay -- it was a very classic haunted house. However, my favorite was the Haunted Village. It was amazing and so much fun!! It was at This is the Place Monument and they had statues of headless horsemen and whatnot instead of pioneer women playing with children. You had to walk through the village of pioneer homes and they were all very haunted. Our friend Taylor was kind enough to inform a few of the ghouls of my name, so they called it out quite a bit as we wandered through. We were the last to go through and it was very dark and lonely.

For me, though, it just isn't Halloween unless you get to carve a pumpkin. I happily blame my father for this. So for FHE on Monday night we invited over some friends (Taylor, Hannah and Nikki) and we all carved pumpkins and watched a scary movie. I also roasted some pumpkin seeds, which took me right back to some very fond memories of my childhood.


Here is Nikki and Hannah discussing their works of art


Here is Taylor, quite proud of his werewolf pumpkin -- he was sure that his limited art skills would simply not allow him to succeed at pumpkin carving. I daresay that he was pleasantly surprised.


Last but not least, here is Jameson, with his awesome bat that looks great! He is my pumpkin carving man!

Anyway, I hope that everyone has had a wonderful holiday! Happy Halloween and know that we wish you all the best and as much love as we can give!

2 comments:

  1. I especially love the picture of Jesus overlooking the pumpkin carving, must be why there are some fine looking jack-o-lanterns! I did not know you were in another rack! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete