Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thwarted by the Camera

So I have been thwarted by the camera. I keep taking the thing to differing events in our lives, hoping to get some good pictures to share with friends and family. Unfortunately, I am always thwarted in one way or another. I either have too low a battery or I forget it in the car or I forget the SD card or some such nonsense.

So I have decided that I will grab my camera when possible and just let you know how our lives are going for the rest.

We are in full horror month swing. We have watched more scary movies that I care to admit. And my dreams are suffering for it. My imagination has gone wild. I am now afraid of the dark. Again. I am actually afraid of any abnormal circumstance which could herald a creepy thing happening. Today no one was awake when I got up for my staff meeting, and I was sure that there was a zombie apocalypse that had taken place during the night (there was not).

My family is probably saying that I am just adding wood to the fire, as I have always had a bit of an active imagination and intense fear of scary things (Hocus Pocus still spooks me a bit). However, they should be glad to know that Jameson and I went to a Haunted House with some friends, and I think I handled myself admirably. I only really screamed when the chainsaw guy came out. And that only because I think that would be the perfect crime. If you wanted to kill someone, why not go where everyone is already screaming, it is poorly lit, and blood and guts are the norm?

Anyway -- fear is a good thing. We do need to have it, I just think that I am not even half way through the month and I don't want to have nightmares til Christmas. My Little Pony Movies . . . here we come.

Movie I watched and surprised me by the plot because I read the short story and it isn't quite the same: The Box

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with movies and books! I think Steven is getting tired of my daily dream recalling. Last night there was a freaky vampire for some reason. I love Halloween, but lately I am way too paranoid to watch anything really scary which never used to happen! In other words, I kind of understand what you're going through :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will just say - The Mummy - nough said!

    ReplyDelete