Friday, August 27, 2010

10 K Training

So this is my first week training for the 10k. I won't lie, it's not gone as well as I hoped. I walked half of my 2.5 mile run and skipped my cross training on both Wednesday and Friday. However, I did do my strength training and all of my 2 mile run . . . so I'm not a complete failure. Yet. If I get the 3 mile run in on Saturday, I won't worry.

Anyway, it will get better. I just tell myself that I am easing my way into the program, and that next week will be better. I am planning on doing a 10k in American Fork on the 16th of October. I am actually pretty scared. A 5k is pretty straight forward, but a 10k . . . that's 6 miles. I'm sure I can do it, I'm just not sure how fast it will happen.

Jameson had his first day of school yesterday for the semester. He goes to school on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Today is his scary class. I am going in to work early for a co-worker today. Making my work day today extra long. I will work from 11 am to 12 am between the branch and Nickelmania. So not excited. If Jameson wasn't cutting his work hours down to two days a week, I would quit Nickelmania. Oh well . . .

Great Music: 1234 by Fiest

No comments:

Post a Comment