Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lake Powell 2010

We had such an amazing time at Lake Powell. There were gorgeous waterfalls during storms, sleepless nights during storms, did I mention the storms?

Jameson and I spent all of 5 days at Lake Powell where his Mom and Dad have a time share on a house boat. It was way way fun. I nearly got up wake boarding and am very grateful that one of Jameson's friends Robbi brought some gloves that made gripping a load easier.

I went there with every intention of having some wonderful adventures, and was very satisfied. I got to frolick about in a swimsuit without too many judgy-judge eyes about. Jameson nearly killed his sister and I on a tube -- literally made us do a simultaneous front flip off the tube. I ripped skin off my hands from it. We swam a lot and I got to read nearly all of the Kaye Gibbons books that my mom sent me for my birthday. So far my favorite one is A Virtuous Woman. I fell even more in love with my super awesome husband.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was that I got to wake up early every morning, just naturally on my own (this reminded me that in my natural state, I am a morning person). Everyone else was still asleep and I would go down by the lake, which is at it's calmest early in the morning. I would read my scriptures, ponder the gospel, and think of how incredibly blessed I am to have such amazing opportunities in my life.

Thank you to Jameson's family and friends for making this one wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment