Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy Bees

I am a very busy bee. So is Jameson. It seems sometimes like school starts, and then life picks up. I went to work today at one and should be on my way to my second job. I'm not too worried about it, though to be honest. I don't have to be there until 9:00. I have been thinking a lot about motivation today and how we gain and lose it. I don't know how it works that every Monday I think the week will go a certain way, and I am determined to make that way work. I occasionally even have the motivation to get out of bed early -- don't fall over dead. Then by the end of the week, it is simply gone, and I run into survival/I don't care mode.

I understand that there are various ways that people are motivated, including habits, punishments,and rewards. I think that the greatest motivation is love. In it's many forms. That is why I run, I love it. That is why I work on my marriage, I love it. That is why I read books, I love to. I think that when we are motivated by loving something, it becomes a joy to do it, and not work, thereby enabling us to be continuously motivated. It's why I go to church. I love the gospel.

This may seem silly, but I need to find a way to love both my jobs. It is just kinda hard sometimes, and it sometimes just doesn't seem like enough of a reward with the getting paid thing (not that I am going to quit anytime soon). Just emotionally I can sometimes come up kinda short.

Also, I still have California Gurls in my head. I love Katy Perry. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment