Thursday, September 16, 2010

Super Savers

Through Zions Bank, Jameson and I get to take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University classes. This is very exciting. We took the first class tonight. We get to do it for free because we are the liaisons between Zions Bank and the course coordinator, Gary (of whom I got the distinct impression that he didn't like me).

Here are some impressions of what I got from the first lesson, entitled 'super saving'.

1. Saving money is about emotion and contentment.

2. Three basic reasons to save include:
- Emergency Fund
- Purchases
- Wealth Building

3. We have to face our money woes and deal with them. The first step is to cut back and start to save.

It was a really good class, and I am really excited for the rest of the course. Money has always kind of scared me. Not having it so much, but feeling confident that I know how to handle it responsibly. Working at a bank has helped a lot, but even better has been learning this stuff.

Great Book to read: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, also Financial Peace University by the same author.

No comments:

Post a Comment