Friday, September 24, 2010

Devil

Yes, that is right, we watched Devil by M. Night Shyamalan. It was awesome. I evidently embarrassed Jameson by telling him that I was scared at the movie theater. I guess that I embarrass him a lot there . . .

Anyway, I love M. Night Shyamalan. His style is very similar to Alfred Hitchcock, another one of my favs, and this was no disappointment. For me. I realize that many people don't like his style, and that's totally fine. However, I love how he wraps up principles about faith and forgiveness in a scary story, and it comes out feeling hopeful.

That's how this flick was. Very scary (and a great way to kick of the month of October -- also known as horror month), but the last line in the movie was something along the lines of 'do not worry, for if the devil is real, then God must be real also'. I also loved Signs for the same reason. It's not an alien story, it's a story about a man's faith. I just love the way he tells his stories. So I would recommend this movie.

Another Movie Recommendation: Carolina starring Julia Styles. Reminded me a bit of the book Charms for the Easy Life

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like Hitchcock. I'll recommend some in case you haven't seen these:

    -Rear Window (Probably my favorite)
    -Rope
    -Vertigo

    (Steven)

    ReplyDelete