Saturday, September 25, 2010

Relationship Advice Via Dave Ramsey

So on Thursday, Jameson and I went to our second FPU (Financial Peace University) class. It was pretty cool. This class was about relationships in relation to money. It was kinda like a mini lecture on marriage. There were a lot of good principles, many of which we had read about before (believe it or not, Jameson and I have actually read books on marriage, like we are responsible adults or something . . . weird). Whether we actually put them in practice is another idea entirely. He had some really good insight on how to do a budget that could really help us. Essentially, it entails one person actually putting the budget together, and this should be whomever wants to do it. And that would be me. And then once that budget is made, slide it over to the other person, and let them make the changes they feel need to be made. Seems like a good plan. I am excited to follow that.

Later, when I was reading his book, there was a chapter on money and relationships, outside of marraige. Primarily regarding when to help someone and when not to. This was good for us since we want to help everyone and make everyone do this Dave Ramsey business. His advice was essentially to shut our mouths unless someone asks for help. It was good stuff. I think, in fact, good stuff on giving advice in general.

Anyway, this is just my weekly plug for financial responsibility and my plug to get people to either sign up for an FPU course, read the book, or at least take an interest in personal finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment