Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Dark Is Rising

I am reading a series by Susan Cooper called the Dark Is Rising Series. I absolutely love it. Mainly because it is about the eternal struggle between light and dark. In the end of one of the books it states that one side can never win because we each have a little of both in us. For those of us who are members of the church, we are constantly fighting this battle in ourselves and in the world.

Yesterday, Jameson and I planned to go to the temple. I thought that it was PERFECT timing because I ended up leaving work early. We went to get some pre-temple ice cream at Leatherby's, and then drove to the temple. We pulled up in the parking lot and guess who forgot her temple recommend. By the time that we drove back to get it, it was too late to go back.

I felt so bad that my silly small mistake robbed us of the pleasure of attending the temple (this isn't the first time this has happened). It just reminded me that there are good forces in the world, and not so good ones. The dark forces are powerful and easy to succumb to, but the lighter ones are always there and represent every good part of the human character, including forgiveness and trust.

So there may be times when I forget my temple recommend, or don't get everything done in the day that I deem necessary, but it is a small battle in the war that I think we are winning (you'll just have to guess which side I'm on :))

Good Book: Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper, book 2 in the Dark Is Rising Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment