Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weird Dreams

So I had the WEIRDEST dreams last night. Seriously. I was married to JD from Scrubs (and I swear, I haven't even been watching lately) and we were hanging out with Elliot in her apartment. I was like, hey, this is a nice place -- let's see if they have any availability in the complex. We talked for a while, then headed out to see. Flash forward, we are standing outside an available apartment, but the landlord said there was a squatter. If we could get him to go, the apartment was ours. Turns out the squatter was my dad. So we decided to move in with him. He had the upstairs and we had the downstairs. JD seemed nervous about it, and my Dad wasn't too happy, but we moved in anyway. We had a lot of nice stuff.

Then I had a dream skip and I was married to Jameson and we were at a family party, but he hadn't shown up yet. I think it was a graduation party. Anyway, Jameson's ex-girlfriend Brittany showed up looking all skinny and tan and super buff. In my dream I didn't know how to talk to her, so we just pretended we were friends. Also, I had super long wavy blonde hair. Like down to my waist.

Anyway, Jameson and I are in the middle of this documentary about dreams. Did you know that at least three Nobel Peace prizes were awarded to projects inspired by dreams? I know that a lot of people think that they are repressed emotions finding their way to be expressed (I think that often dreams are that very thing, see above mentioned examples). However, I think that there is a different class of dream that comes from a different source that is meant to inspire and move us.

Great Documentary: Nova's Dream series

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the dream thing! I've had some odd ones lately too... Anywho I understand you schedules are hectic lately, but hopefully you get to come visit soon! It feels like we haven't seen you in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know -- We will have to make it work . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, you always have weird dreams - just sayin.

    ReplyDelete