Monday, September 13, 2010

Save the Cheerleader, Save the world

Heroes has taken over our lives. I know that we are behind by a few years on the craze, but we just got Netflix, and reason has gone out the window. I really love this show (remember that we are only on season one) because everyone wants to be a hero. They discover they have these abilities, and they all want to do something good with them, for the most part.

It made me think about myself, and the abilities that I do or don't have. I have been feeling like rather a failure lately. I think that it is mostly because I am overwhelmed. Which is sad because I don't really do all that much . . .

Anyway, back to the point. I was thinking about how Heavenly Father put us all here on this earth, and we all have different abilities. We don't think of them as particularly remarkable, but they really are. And we have the choice to do the right thing. To be heroes in a sense. Between reading The Dark Is Rising series and watching Heroes, I have been reminded that it is so very hard to do the right thing. It often requires that we make sacrifices and difficult changes in our lives. It requires us to look past the present situation at the larger picture. It requires us to look past our own needs, which are most pressing, and look at others needs. It is so easy to simply NOT do it. It would be so easy to simply give in and let go, and let it be somebody else's problem. But the right way is rarely the easy way. And Heroes never give in!

Good Series to watch: Heroes, Season One

2 comments: